Back in February, I had the brilliant idea to copy a brilliant website PostSecret.com. If you aren’t familiar, PostSecret is a community art project in which random people like you, mail in post cards containing deeply personal confessions. My post about it, “Share your secret”, remains my #1 most commented article. Since I’ve gained some new readers since last February. I figured it wouldn’t hurt to run this little social experiment again.
Here are some PostSecret confessions that caught my eye…
You can’t help but be interested right? There is something about being vulnerable that just feels good. So, I’m hoping you will, once again, participate in Post Secret PDITF style.
The rules are simple. Drop a comment in the section below with one secret related to finances, money, family, life, etc that you haven’t shared with anyone. I recommend you comment anonymously or under an alias, but it’s really up to you how you want to be identified.
Here are some of the secrets shared by my readers last time I did this…
- I’m contemplating losing one of my part time jobs so I can be eligible for welfare
- I think people who complain about money are too lazy and stupid to make more.
- I resent my mom because she abused my child support money and doesn’t pay for any of my expenses now, leaving it all up to my dad.
- I never told my parents that I was so in over my head during my first few years of college I donated plasma just to eat. I had too much pride to accept help from anyone, so I sold plasma to put a few bucks of gas in the car for a weekend trip home and used the rest to eat out of vending machines for a week. Until the next week, when I’d do it all over again.
- I secretly loath stay-at-home moms. Nothing about being cooped up in a house all day with kids sounds appealing to me. Problem: my husband expects me to do that when we have kids.
This really is a great opportunity to not only share your secrets, but to understand that you are not alone. Who’s willing to get a little vulnerable and answer the question…
What’s your secret?