So yesterday, I promised you all a post about my wedding. Unfortunately, I can’t write that article for you. My macbook decided to stop working yesterday, so I sit here typing on Mrs. Ninja’s computer. It was working just perfectly yesterday, when it got a little slow, so I restarted it. Only problem was, the computer never could start back up. All it does is stay on this screen during bootup….
No matter how many times I try to restart, boot in safe mode, etc, I just can’t seem to get past this stupid screen. That means there may a few changes to PDITF in the meantime.
1) Until I download Photoshop on Mrs. Ninja’s computer, I won’t be able to post up any more cartoons…I know, totally sucky
2) I may or may not be able to blog every night. I’m sure the Misses will let me hop on her computer periodically, but if she needs it, then I’m S.O.L.
3) My email/blog correspondence will be severely limited. I can still get emails via my phone throughout the day, but we all know how frustrating phone typing can get when done a lot. I’ll for sure read all my emails, just may not be resonding.
4) My net worth is probably going to go down. We are gonna try and operate as a “Single computer household” for a month to try it out, but if it doesn’t work out, we will have to buy a new computer. No fun!
5) I can’t show you pictures of the wedding because I don’t have Photoshop and can’t put those special black bars over our faces to remain anonymous. I’m hoping to have them up by the end of the week.
I’m a little bummed I can’t be back in full force, after my two and a half week break, but the Macbook gods must hate me.
I’d love some of your input on how to remedy this computer dilemma I’m facing. Would you…
1) Replace my macbook with a refurbed macbook ($800)
2) Replace my macbook with a refurbed mac mini (roughly $500-$700)
3) Give Apple the middle finger and go back to a PC
4) Go from a 2 computer household to a 1 computer household (my least favorite option)
It makes the most sense to just get by on one computer since we live together now, but honestly, I’ve always had my own computer and to not be able to use it whenever I wanted would be totally weird for me. Besides, Mrs. Ninja is a teacher and plans to bring her laptop to class with her each day. If I do replace my computer, can I use my E-fund to replace it, or is that not really an “emergency”? Any and all advise is greatly welcomed.
p.s. I will tell you this though. Marriage is totally awesome! It’s pretty much the funnest thing ever, well, except for Super Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64.