Hi ho, Hi ho, it’s off to Germany I go. That’s right Debt Punchers, I’ll be whistling while I work…half way across the world. Just got word yesterday, I’ll be heading to Deutschland for six weeks on a business trip from mid March to late April.
I’m pretty excited about the opportunity to spend some time in Europe, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous. It will be the first time I’ve been completely immersed in a different culture, unless you count Aruba. Which in my opinion was more American than Hawaii.
So many things are running through my head right now….
- Will I like German food (p.s. I hate pork)?
- Do most Germans speak at least some English?
- Will there be California burritos in Germany (sadly I don’t think so)?
- What should I try and do in my free time?
- Which other countries should I consider visiting?
- Am I going to be forced to drink gallons of beer?
- Will Girl Ninja be able to take time off work and come visit me?
I’m 99% sure I’ll have a good time, 110% sure I’ll miss Girl Ninja, 20% sure I’ll try and speak German and make a fool of myself, and 36% sure I’ll drive on the wrong side of the road 50% of the time. Like I said, I don’t really know what to expect, but I’m pretty excited.
Have you been to any European countries? Anything I need to know? Is Germany even cool? I feel like most people go to France, UK, Italy, Spain, rarely do I hear about people backpacking Germany. There are burritos is Germany….right?!
p.s. I should make an extra $8,000 on top of my base salary while abroad (how’s that for a PF tie in?).
p.p.s. No you can’t come visit me unless A) your name is Girl Ninja or B) you bring me a burrito.