Although I make a decent second income from PDITF, it’s not nearly as life changing as it could be. If I really wanted to make money blogging I would start SEOing the bajeezus out of my posts and spamming you with credit card offers. But since I like you guys too darn much, I guess I need to find another way to bring home the bacon.
I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately about starting a business. What business you ask? I have no freakin’ clue, but I do know said business must a) cost very little to start, b) have virtually no overhead, c) make me money, d) involve the internet, and e) probably involve a partnership with another individual.
Don’t get me wrong, I have no desire (at least at this point) to become full time self-employed. I kind of like working for someone else, knowing when and how much I’ll be paid each month is comforting. So I guess, I should add another requirement of my To Be Determined business; it must take up a small enough amount of time that I can maintain full time regular employment.
I feel like this is a particularly good time in my life to explore alternative business ventures for a few reasons…
- I don’t have kids and I have enough “free” time that I could put my energy in to something that makes us money.
- I really like the idea of going from DINKs to TRINKS.
- We have a bunch of cash sitting in the bank earning a measly 1% interest, time to do something with it.
- I like taking calculated/thought through risks.
- I’m a freakin’ Ninja and I do what I want (if I get permission from my wife first…haha).
I wish I had more to say, but until I can get a better handle on exactly what avenue I want to take, I’ll just keep twiddling my thumbs, envying those of you who make a ton of money via successful business ventures. Okay, time to go punch jealousy in the face.
Anyone want to start a business with me (50/50)? Have you ever thought about starting your own business? What keeps you from doing it? Any wildly successful business owners have any tips/tricks/insights?