Today is a pretty monumental day. Not only is it April Fools Day, but it is also my blogging birthday. Today, Punch Debt In The Face turns two (which in blogging years means I’m like 150). Never thought when I created this silly website it would actually grow in to a quasi-established personal finance blog (note: I use the word established loosely).
The last 12 months has been interesting. Had great growth some months, and almost no growth others. I remember having a conversation with Mom Ninja telling her I was burnt out and was going to call it quits once I hit 1,000 subscribers. While I wont promise I’ll make it to see my 3rd birthday, I have no plans to stop blogging in the near future. Let’s take a look at some random PDITF stats…
Visits on April 1st 2010: 444
Yesterdays visits: 814
Subscribers on April 1st 2010: 666 (freaky!)
Subscribers yesterday: 1,390
Most visits in a single day: 3,329 (thanks Consumerist.com)
Total Adsense Earnings: $522.87
Highest Single Day Earnings: $22.39
Average Link Advertisement: $50/mo
Highest negotiated ad rate: $125/mo
12 month blog income: $4,500-ish (not exactly sure)
Total # of blog posts: 575 (wow, I’ve written enough for two books!)
Total # of Comments: 11,817
How many times I’ve offended someone: 453
Search terms that referred people to my site…
- being ugly
- who pays for the honeymoon
- debt unicorn (this one makes me so happy)
- I lost my virginity (36 referrals and counting)
- Why am I awake at 4am
- sending my mom to jail for credit card fraud
- how many hours is 8 to 5 (I’m concerned for this persons intelligence)
Since it is my birthday and all, I’d like to ask you all for a “present”. Would you respond to the following questions in the comments below…
- Roughly how long have you been blog stalking me?
- Why do you keep coming back?
- What topics do you want to see more of?
- If a stripper gets breast implants, can she write them off as a business expense?
- Does this picture of Chuck Norris make you proud to be (or want to be) an American?!
Thanks again for everything 🙂