There are hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of books, blogs, and workshops out there that promise to tell you how to make fast money on the Internet. Some of these are obvious scams, while others are legitimate business ideas that can and have helped people live life outside of the 9:00 to 5:00 box.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
For John Crestani, the answer to making fast money was affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing could also be called “being a paid middleman”. Basically, you direct traffic to a business’ services or products, and for every lead or purchase that you directly generated, you get a commission. You are acting as a matchmaking service, hooking up consumers and businesses. At age 28, John Crestani used affiliate marketing to help himself go from a day job that he’d checked out of, to a life spent traveling and adventuring around the world.
Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest Internet-based businesses to start up, but the key is how to make money. Fast money is relative; you may not see one million dollars in your first month, but most expert resources agree that you can easily begin making $30-$100 per day within your first month. Here are a few important tips for setting up your lucrative affiliate business:
How to Make Money – Fast!
- Focus on a few quality products, to start. Trying to promote too many services or products means that you won’t be able to really focus your efforts on connecting the right consumers with the right business. To make fast money, you need to do more than just have a lot of links– you need to promote your products properly.
- Speaking of proper promotion–do your research. It’s a good idea to have an understanding of who buys your product, where they hang out online, and what it is they need from the product. If you aren’t sure where to start researching, and you have an active website, try conducting a survey of your readers.
- When you’re learning how to make money fast, you may often hear that you should “stick with what works.” However, this type of business is highly competitive. Due in part to the way that search engine algorithms are constantly changing, and the way that consumers are constantly finding new ways to interact with ever-evolving social media, making fast money with an affiliate business requires that you stay up to date on techniques and marketing trends.
- Choose to promote products that actually benefit consumers. The best way to make an affiliate business work is to consider yourself a helper, not a salesman. Promoting a product that you actually know to be helpful to people, or one that solves a problem that people have, is the best way to keep your own motivation and energy levels high. When you approach your sales as a service to help consumers, rather than a way to sell a product, you’ll be able to generate more leads, much faster.
- Learn how to make money fast by automating as much as you can. One of John Crestani’s revelations as a young businessman was that, in order to enjoy the kind of life he wanted to lead, he needed to get his business working without him. While he created campaigns for his products, he recorded himself, and then passed his methods on to team members so that his business could continue to grow with identical results, even when he wasn’t there.
When it comes to learning how to make money fast with an affiliate business, the road won’t be instant; however, marketing is one of the fastest and easiest ways to get your business off the ground and making profits.