1) Toothbrush. I envy the owners of the Sonicare toothbrushes. They are the Porsches of the oral hygiene world. I however, am way to cheap to fork out the cash for one of those suckers. In fact I totally cheap out on my toothbrush and only buy one new one a year…just kidding (were you grossed out?). I replace my brush regularly, but when I do I always go for the cheapest one on the rack. Two days ago I picked up a sweet Target toothbrush for $0.99.
2) Spices. I guess this is where my OCD frugalness comes in to play. I love spices and enjoy cooking with them, but I barely own any because they are just so darn expensive. Every time I go to the grocery store, I put some cayenne pepper or montreal steak seasoning in the cart, but then I freak out and think “Holy crap, I can’t pay $8 for some seasoning.” It’s definitely a psychological disorder and leaves my meals a little more bland than I prefer.
3) Batteries. These little suckers are freakin’ expensive. When I go battery shopping, I’m not looking for a specific brand, I’m looking for a specific price. And that price my friends, is cheap.
4) Dress pants. Nordstrom rack is the bomb dot com for picking up some sweet slacks for dirt cheap. Last time I was there I picked up three pairs of very nice looking slacks for $90. The difference between a $30 pair of pants and a $300 pair of pants is not significant enough in my book to justify the bigger purchase.
5) My blog. That right suckers. I am totally cheapin’ out on ya. I keep telling myself I need to fork out the dough for some private hosting or to join up on some networks to get my name out there. It’s almost been six months and I’m just as lame as ever. Still rockin’ the blogger hosting and trying to establish myself through ghetto stick figure art and terrible grammar. I told myself once I received my first adsense check I would use that money to reinvest in to my blog. I probably wont though
So there ya have it. These are just some of the categories that I’m willing to sacrifice quality for if it means I’m saving some coin. As always, it’s time to solicit you for input. Where do you cut corners? Try and be honest and try to not let them all revolve around food. Enjoy your Tuesday and thanks for stopping by.