I’ll keep it nice and simple, ’cause I’m sure most of us have mentally checked out and are preparing for our weekend festivities. So as the title alludes, I’m gonna post up the five things I go big on even though it may end up costing me a couple extra bucks.
1) Shoes. Yes, yes, yes. My name is Debt Ninja and I’m a shoe-a-holic. It may be the metrosexual in me, but I love myself some shoes. I’m a sucker for a sweet pair of pumas or vans. Although they aren’t the most expensive brands to chose from, I definitely am a shoe whore and own far more than the average male. The frugal side of me caves in to my shoe addiction.
2) Girlfriend Ninja. Some of you may be questioning my sexuality after admitting my shoe addiction, but trust me, I like women. Scratch that, I like ONE woman. Call me a romantic, but I love droppin’ some coins on the lady friend. She is beautiful and way to good for me, so I gotta keep her interested and spoil her on b-days and holidays. She’s worth every penny I’ve spent (and more) and I like to think of these gifts as “investments.”
3) Apple products. I know, I should be embarrassed, but ever since I made the switch from PC to Mac, I’ve never looked back. And ya’ know I had to accesorize with the iPhone and iPod stereo in my car. I wish I could say, I wasn’t a victim of the trend, but I’m totally sold on all Apple products. Shoot they could come out with an iBible and I would be the first in line to buy it.
4) Chicken. Is that awkward? Have you ever bought cheap chicken? It’s absolutely disgusting, It’s super tough, salty, and fatty. I thought I was being a good little frugal grocery shopper when I picked up the cheapest chicken on the rack…big mistake. I now look for good quality boneless skinless chicken breasts (hehe, I said breasts) when I’m at Vons or Trader Joes.
5) Gas. I pay a little more at the pump for some good quality gasoline. I do put the bottom grade unleaded in my car, but I try to avoid the Arco’s. Maybe it is a big waste of money, but it’s my understanding the better the quality of gas, the less problems your car will have in the long run. Right? Someone confirm this. I’m starting to wonder if I’ve been suckered by the fuel gods.
Your turn! Drop a line with a few things that you refuse to cheap out on. Most of us are frugal as heck, but sometimes ya can’t compromise on a good quality product. Let’s keep it appropriate (no feminine products or male enhancement tools). I love you guys and girls. Have a great weekend 🙂