Saw this article on Yahoo Finance about million dollar businesses you’ve never heard of and thought it was worth sharing with you all. If you want the full details about each gig you’ll have to click over to the article, but here’s the gist…
1) Geese Police – Dogs chase geese off golf course. Revenue: Estimated $2.5 million in 2010
2) Texas Driving Experience – Drive a corvette around a racetrack. Revenue: Estimated $1.8 million in 2010
3) Mabel’s Labels – Durable kid proof labels for kids’ stuff. Revenue: $4 million in 2009
4) Stave Puzzle – Really hard puzzles. Revenue: $2.5 million in 2009
5) Pet Relocation – Relocate any animal from point A to point B. Revenue: Estimated $4 million in 2010
6) Black Socks – Sock subscription (like a magazine subscription) Revenue: $5 million in 2009
7) Sky Zone – Trampoline gym. Revenue: $3 million-plus in 2009
8) DNA 11 – DNA artwork. Revenue: $1.4 million in 2009
9) Murray Associates – Spy stuff. Revenue in 2009: $760,000
10) The Fiero Store – Auto parts for Pontiac Fieros. Revenue: $2 million in 2009
How can you read that article and not feel at least somewhat entrepreneurial? I mean come on, who woulda thought teaching some dogs to chase geese would turn in to a multimillion dollar business? Wanna know what’s even cooler? The start up cost for Geese Police was a measly $3,000. Incredible right!? I’m keeping my fingers crossed Punch Debt In The Face will make it on Yahoo’s list next year 😉 Haha, yeah right.
Here’s your mission today. Drop a line in the comments below with what your dream business would be? It doesn’t matter if you know the business would fail, or if the start up costs are too high. This is hypothetical, so we just get to pretend everything would work out somehow. I’d probably start a cereal bar, much like a Starbucks or a Einsteins Bagels, but with cereal instead (side note: I know there are already such places, but not where I live). You walk up to the counter and take your pick of hundreds of different types of cereal. A bowl would cost $1.50 and you could get any type of milk (or soy product) you wanted to go with it. Maybe I’d call it something cheesy like Seriously Cereal. Ah yes, that would be my dream. What’s yours?