No this isn’t some pathetic April Fools joke. One year ago today, I passed through the blogging birth canal and came in to existence. That’s right, it’s my blogging birthday! Does making it to the one year mark make me a legitimate blogger? Probably not, but who said I wanted to be established anyways?
It’s been a crazy fun year, and I have to admit, I’m kinda surprised I’m still here. I typically get really involved in random things but then lose interest after a couple months. I wasn’t really to sure what would come of PDITF, but I’m quite pleased with my creation. Let’s take a little trip down memory lane and look at some of the PDITF highlights over the last year….
Site Traffic: (Daily Visitors)
April 1st 2009: 2 (most likely myself and my mother)
August 15th 2009: 39 (making some progress)
November 9th 2009: 175 (booya triple digits)
Yesterday’s traffic: 525 (thoroughly enjoying the growth **that’s what she said**)
Here’s a graph of my site traffic over the last 12 months…
Google Adsense Earnings:
Lowest Single Day Earnings: $0.00
Most Earnings in Single Day: $13.13
Total Adsense Revenue to date: $222.35
Average Adsense earnings: $0.61/day
While I may not be able to pay my rent from blogging income, I’m not really gonna complain about bankin’ a coupe hundred over the last year. Heck I can’t believe I’m making ANY money for the crappy content I regurgitate on this blog 🙂
Total # of Blog posts: 308
Total # of Comments: 3,848 (thanks dudes and dudettes)
Some Google search terms that referred people to my blog:
- unicorn punching
- girlfriend never leaves me alone
- operation sexi
- how to punch your girlfriend
- girlfriend getting fat has muffin top.
I’m really curious what the person thought after being referred to my blog for typing in “unicorn punching”. They were probably extremely disappointed, so in my quest to satisfy all PDITF readers, here ya go random person. This picture’s for you…
I seriously want to make babies with each any every one of you readers. I love you so much. In fact, I received a super encouraging email yesterday from a debt puncher that said…
1. I totally dig your site! I am thrilled that I found it a couple of months ago and I seriously read your posts daily. Great job!
2. Thanks to you, we are set to max out hubby’s Roth this year! We were comfortable contributing $333 a month, but that left us with $1,004 to ‘find’ in our budget. I am happy to say that as of March 31st…we found that money. So with the automatic contributions from April to Dec, we will be set. Thank you for sharing your story and motivating us.
I’ve heard through the grape vine every time a PDITF reader maximizes their Roth IRA, an angel gets their wings. Seriously though, do you know how awesome I feel after getting an email like that? It gives me warm fuzzies inside (or maybe those fuzzies are just indigestion as I have been a little “gassy”).
I have no idea what the year ahead will hold. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll stick around to celebrate birthday number two 365 days from now, or maybe I’ll be a drug addict name Rufus that lives on the streets of Compton (just sayin’ it could happen).
I have a favor to ask, consider it a birthday present, would you do me a favor and respond to the following questions in the comments section below? It will help me learn more about my readers and hopefully I can take that knowledge and rule the world produce even better content.
- How long have you been reading PDITF?
- What’s your favorite thing about this blog?
- What’s one thing you would change, add, or like to see me do different? (This is the most important question)
- What’s your drink of choice?
- Does this picture of Chuck Norris make you proud to be (or want to be) an American?!